How did/have you used Pactful in your classroom?

We’d love to hear some of the ways you’ve used Pactful in your class, including any tips about what worked best for you or things you’d suggest to others.

1 Like

Hello Everyone! I was definitely able to use Pactful in the classroom by having student groups of 4-5 each have a “job” and one of the jobs, of course, was the “Pactful App” leader which meant that that student would understand the app/website, which phases existed, what each phase entailed – of course, it was a TON of information; so, in the end, it was one baby step at a time! The leader had opportunities to share the information with the group so that the group could decide which 2-3 “do” activities they would use. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

That’s a great tip, Tricia. Thank you for sharing. One question: Did you find that the other students used Pactful directly or just worked through the leader?

1 Like

The other students had to busily do online research, design/artwork, and communications/email, so they did not have the time to be on the Pactful App as much. I do remember days where I had the “expert” teach each Design Thinking Phase to the rest of the teammates, which made it so that more children were in the app on that day.

2 Likes

I’ve loved looking through the resources, because most (60% or more) of my students are in 6th grade we don’t qualify to enter the contest, but I love the design thinking resources you’re using they’re excellent. Also wanted to share that another great virtual sticky note tool that I didn’t see mentioned that is incredible popular with teachers is Google’s Jamboard, just a suggestion for resources.

2 Likes

Hi, Coral! Thank you for the positive notes and suggestion of using Google’s Jamboard. It really is a wonderful tool. And since Pactful already requires the use of a Google Account, everyone using Pactful can use Jamboard too.

I’m sorry that most of your students don’t qualify. We limit the access to 13 and older primarily as a result of regulatory issues in the United States. That said, maybe the educator pack will be of some use to you?

Hi Monte,

Yes I’ve actually used quite a bit of the resources, I tried building sample projects and I’ve used the resources for a design thinking project with the Global Goals, they’ve been a great help, and next year they’ll be elegible for the competition.

1 Like

Hi Coral! Great to connect with you again! You’re right in that Jamboard is a really great tool! We’ve used it a few times for demonstration. It has been added to the list of virtual sticky notes within Pactful for teacher’s to choose from. Thanks for the suggestion!