#JTIC21 Pitch Submissions

The Jacobs Teen Innovation Challenge #JTIC21 is nearing the final submission deadline of May 1st, so I wanted to share some details about the final submission process.

• Educators can submit 1 recorded pitch (no more than 5 minutes) for consideration in the final event and prizes for every 6 student teams (i.e., if the teacher has 18 teams, then they may submit 3 pitches for consideration).

• The Jacobs Institute will evaluate the submissions using the same Pitch Rubric that is the final “Do” activity in the Pitch phase of the app.

• Submissions will close at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on May 1st, 2021 May 8th, 2021 (updated date).

There are three parts to submission form that will need to be completed:

1. Overview Information - Your name, total number of students, student teams, and submissions for your class.

2. Student Team - This is where we ask a set of questions about the project/solution, including the video pitch URL. Please remember that video pitches need to be publicly available and able to be shared by us to promote the winning teams.

• You will repeat this section for each of the student teams you are submitting.
  3. Final Questions - A set of overall questions for you about your experience with Pactful and the challenge.

Below are screenshots for your reference of the submission form. These questions may change slightly, but this will give you an idea of what to expect.

Overview Information (screen 1 of 3)

Student Team Submission (screen 2 of 3)

Final Questions (screen 3 of 3)

We anxiously await your submissions and can’t wait to see the solutions your students have created! Thank you for your leadership and support in helping to build a better world.

1 Like

Thanks for a great program!!! We look forward to hearing about all the successful submissions. I am so proud of my students for their work and ideas!!!

2 Likes

As a result of the pandemic and how close several educators were to finalizing their submissions, we have decided to extend the pitch submission deadline to Saturday, May 8th at midnight Pacific Time. We truly appreciate the effort everyone put into this year’s challenge and want to support you all as best as possible.